Sunday, October 4, 2009

35hrs left to enter the "hell"-hole

This is not what i am expecting. i got a letter from KKM and it is a 1 week notice. To me, it is not a Hoo-Haa to get a letter so early. The early u get, the earlier u end your lovely life. No doubt that we will face it soon, but months, weeks and days still counts. See, now i even count by hours. i'm expecting it to come at end of october, but it came now. And Now my life is ruined, being so depressed.

Once i got the letter, multiple random stuffs run in my mind, which i can't stop thinking, influenced by friends and evidenced by my eyes during medical student's life. The ugly life of HOship in Malaysia. i don't know how far that it is true, but i will face it. It is a sad sad job. I've tried to enquire some tips from my fellow friends, most of them replied, enjoy first, when start posting, only start to worry. One of my senior said the emergency part in the OHCM is important. Some said resus.

First of all, i'm going for an induction in Genting View Resort. Lucky that, "boss" is going there as well, at least a company, an ex-housemate to share the time with, at least not so-boring. i need to consider that i'm still quite lucky that i will be still meet the remnants of the PMC colleagues.

Once i'm in the induction, i'm considered paid by the government. This course last 6 days. It's sort of like shaping a person to be loyal to the country programme. Well, you know, i know...

After that start to report to the hosp, and tag to a department. Where all the countless day and night job, scoldings, blamings, framings, history takings, blood takings, phone talkings, no-time to eat, or sleep.... banging in front of my door. Sooner or later, hypertension atks me. Then put me at risk of hypertensive retinopathy, nephropathy, haemorrhagic stroke, heart failure etc.

i expect a lot of things in my mind and i don't know how far if that is true. i am writing in this blog, so that i can remind myself to be a better person, a better teacher, and showing my future child that how tough / easy is the life as a doc.

i know some enjoy being a houseman, some adapt to it, some forced to overcome it.

Before i start, i will like to thank my friends, my coursins and my family for always being there for me (listen to my nagging, pulling string for me, etc). I love you people.

- Lim M (34.5hrs left to the "hell"hole)

No comments:

Post a Comment